June 5, 2016, 1 pm – 4 pm
A series of Professional Development for Artists workshops is being planned at the Surrey Art Gallery.
The Art Rental Team of the Surrey Art Gallery Association in association with the Surrey Art Gallery will be delivering the Professional Development for Artists Series – a selection of workshops geared towards the business of art.
These classes are designed to explore the various means of preparing works for sale, readying oneself for the marketplace, and finding creative and engaging solutions to selling artworks.
Through facilitated group discussions, demonstrations and explorations in the commerce of art, artists will be coached and empowered in their entrepreneurial efforts.
Each session is designed for the visual artist (emerging/professional in any medium) who wants to improve their art business.
This is an adult class of up to 20 participants, where creators are encouraged to explore the business of art in a safe, supportive environment with expert speakers and fellow artists.
Please consider joining us for the upcoming Artist Preparations Workshop on June 5, 1 pm – 4 pm.
Through demonstrations, group discussion, and expert support, learn how to professionally present your art — from sealing & varnishing, to framing, through to writing an artist’s statement.
This is a 3 hour class that covers all the aspects of preparing your artworks for sale/show.
- Information shares regarding the various mediums and sealers available to secure your original artworks for longevity.
- Best practices in preparing your works for sale.
- Conversation on how to select frames that best complement your artworks.
- Facilitated discussion on economical, standard, and professional means of framing art work.
- Expert Q&A with a Professional Framer and Retailer of artworks.
- Coaching in preparing that final touch – the artist statement.
Cost is only $25.
Registration is available at City of Surrey Parks, Recreation and Culture programs online at: https://webreg.surrey.ca/webreg/Activities/ActivitiesAdvSearch.asp (In Barcode search enter 4466384 to bring up this class).
Or by phone 604-501-5100 (quote course code 4466384 Professional Development for Artists workshop).
More workshops are being planned for this coming Fall and Winter.