May 30, 2015 ~ 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Have you ever dreamed of hanging an original painting in your home or office? Now is your chance to meet the artists in the Art Rental Program through the Surrey Art Gallery Association’s art rental program. A wide variety of artwork by local artists will be on display in front of the Gift Shop. Mix and mingle with the participating artists, have fun, and consider the art possibilities that will enhance your space. This is a free, drop-in event.
If your business (or you) is looking to gain an edge, here are some good reasons for putting original art on your walls:
- Businesses that use original art to customize their image brand portray a stronger image of success and tend to draw more customers.
- Art has an impact on the audience. Landscape art in waiting rooms calms patrons; abstract art in boardrooms stimulate thinking; and large, high-impact art in foyers captures customer attention.
- Art stimulates the viewer and motivates them to engage with your staff.
- Having interesting art around makes employees more engaged and inspired to be innovative.
- Investing in the arts helps businesses achieve their corporate social responsibility objectives.
About the Art Rental & Sale Program
Surrey Art Gallery Association is a non-profit society that offers its members the opportunity to participate in and respond to contemporary art, and be part of a community that actively supports the Surrey Art Gallery. The opportunity for art lovers to enjoy artworks by local artists in their homes and offices is the focus of their Art Rental and Sale program. It lets people experiment with what suits their taste. A wide selection of artwork by local artists is available for monthly rental or sale. Artworks are on display in the Gift Shop and along the art rental hallway. Artwork can be rented for as low as $20 per month, and up to 6 months rental can be applied towards the purchase price.